Search This Blog

Find your care here

8.29.2010

BOOK REVIEW - The Very Busy Spider

The Very Busy Spider, by Eric Carle

I enjoy this book, Baby enjoys this book, but my husband has some trouble with the protagonist - that very busy spider.  As she spins her web, several farm yard animals stop by and invite her to join in their favorite activities.  Does she join?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!


No.  She is very busy (doing what spiders do best).

I see the spider's determination and focus.  My husband sees a recluse who ignores offers of friendship and instead favors her own, solitary tasks.  He sees her putting her work before her friends, and he disapproves.  I see a book with great illustrations and a series of animals that provide the opportunity to work on each of my animal voices.  For example, I am currently working on making my sheep voice distinct from my goat voice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment