Search This Blog

Find your care here

10.26.2011

Priorities

Special Agent Dos (a.k.a. The Little Squish) arrived safe and sound at 2:23 a.m. on Monday, October 10, 2011.  

Labor and delivery went well.  (Notably, in the early stages of labor, my water broke on Clinton Avenue about a block from our apartment.  Left with no alternative, I walked home feeling like I was living one of those anxiety dreams I've heard about where you show up naked to school.)

Life with Little Squish has been great so far.  During the days, though, I developed a list of priorities for myself:

(1) Eat
(2) Sleep
(3) Hygiene (brush teeth / shower / wash hair . . . in that order of importance)
(4) Clean.

Yesterday, I managed to get through the first two, and I think I brushed my teeth.

Today, I have already completed the first three - including having washed my hair.  A day without a migraine is so much more productive.


2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND LITTLE SQUISH! What a blessing to have another member of the family safely join you all. I am so so happy for you. I hope you'll be able to continue meeting those priorities. Good for you! I remember it being really difficult for me to sleep when Baby Equis was just a few weeks old. Hopefully, you'll get some help with the cleaning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I am really looking forward to longer sleep periods, which I hope will come my way in the next month or so.

    (and I have enlisted some help in the cleaning department . . . strongly recommend it to all . . . it is the best)

    ReplyDelete